Kratom is widely known for its curative and relaxing effects.
Grown in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and some other Southeast Asia countries, the coffee plant prefers hot, humid regions to temperate areas.
Kratom has been used to manage numerous conditions, including diarrhea, opioids withdrawal symptoms, dampened mood, etc. It also comes in handy at recreational events.
Kratom, like many plants, contains alkaloids. The crucial ones like 7-hydroxy mitragynine and mitragynine are responsible for the effects of Kratom.
Impacts of Kratom
There are diverse Kratom strains. The strain you use determines the suitable dosage and resultant effect.
Also, the particular strain dictates the time it takes to feel Kratom’s offers. This means, while you may experience a fast-acting effect, another user may notice a later impact even with the same amount.
Of course, every drug has its side effects. However, one is usually recommended only if its benefits outweigh the potential harm.
For Kratom, users are usually responsible for the results from their doses. When abused or misused, unpleasant effects are most likely.
Reading on, you’ll discover a close link between Kratom and blood pressure – high or low.
Kratom and High Blood Pressure
When using a sphygmomanometer, your doctor will likely give a worried look when the reading goes up to a 140/90 mmHg.
Hypertension may be hereditary. Stress and old age are other common causative factors.
Symptoms of high blood pressure may include headaches, nose bleeds, etc. However, note that other diseases may trigger similar symptoms.
Low Blood Pressure
The standard pulse rate stays at 120/80mmHg.
The number above the fraction line(numerator) is known as the systolic pressure and below is the diastolic pressure.
If the systolic pressure reads 90mmHg or below and the diastolic pressure reads 60mmHg or down for an individual, it is said to be Hypotensive.
A hypotensive patient will likely notice signs like Blurry vision, tiredness, headache, shortness of breath.
Kratom and Blood Pressure.
As mentioned, Kratom’s mitragynine, 7-hydroxy mitragynine, and Mitraphylline are the alkaloids that aid its perceived therapeutic functioning.
Kratom acts as an agonist, binding to the mu-opioid receptor to activate it, producing pleasure.
It also undergoes some adrenergic receptor processes, which increase blood pressure.
What users think!
While feelings or reasoning are bound to be different because of individual uniqueness, none should be disregarded.
Due to limited research, replies from firsthand Kratom users may give hints into Kratom’s effect on blood pressure.
For instance, many Reddit users attest to Kratom’s ability to improve blood pressure. Other sources of reviews corroborated the stories on Reddit, as many other Kratom users confirmed the same.
Some hypertensive users reported getting “cerebral torments” upon usage.
Many who complained of high blood pressure were said to have increased systolic pressure, although the diastolic pressure remained the same.
However, there were a few deviating opinions:
- A clinic worker and Kratom user said even with regular checks, his blood pressure remained the same.
- Another user observed that his blood pressure rose when he quit using Kratom.
- Some other users perceive Kratom reduces blood pressure, but the blood pressure increases again when its effects on the body are diminished. Suggesting that Kratom reduces blood pressure until the effect is gone.
While many users think Kratom increases blood pressure, some select few think it either has no effect or lowers blood pressure.
Notwithstanding, it is known that a dose of between 6 and 7 grams can increase the heart rate/pulse.
Gathering information from observations and science, Kratom is more likely to increase blood pressure than decrease it.
It is advisable that you break your Kratom intakes into parts and take some for breakfast, say 3-4 cases, then another 3-4 cases at supper.
Blood pressure has been implicated as a silent killer for years. It causes death without making victims noticeably ill.
To reduce the risk, here are tips to help regulate your blood pressure and prolong your life;
- Minimize your salt or sodium intake. Some say, “don’t consume salt,” but that may not be feasible. Besides, abstinence may not be entirely healthy either as the body needs bits of Sodium. However, you should take in tiny amounts.
- Drink enough water. Ensure you drink at least 5-6 liters of water daily.
The talks of Kratom lowering blood pressure has been widely debated. While some studies show an increase in blood pressure, others suggest a decreased blood pressure.
While we await more data to verify these claims, these tips should come in handy:
- Moderate Kratom intake if you are hypertensive.
- Begin Kratom with low doses per time.
- Do not take Kratom with other drugs or stimulants to avoid harmful drug interactions.
- Remember that Kratom has its side effects and they are largely influenced by you.
- Buy only top quality Kratom products to stay healthy and reap all the possible benefits.